WRX Attendee Registration
Please join us for the annual APWA WRX conference in beautiful downtown Norfolk. With opportunities to dance and dine on the battleship Wisconsin, walk through our WRX Art gallery made of unique Public Works items, and a live art exhibit, this year’s technical conference will be one-of-a-kind!
Come be a part of this year’s exciting and educational APWA WRX!
This year’s APWA WRX conference and lodging will be located at the beautiful and newly opened hotel, The Main, located in downtown Norfolk, Va. The Main is situated near the Elizabeth River and close to the nightlife of Waterside District, as well as, within walking distance to over 50 restaurants.
Lodging is separate and not included with your conference registration. To receive your specially discounted room at this year’s conference hotel, please select the following link to reserve your room at The Main–Make your hotel reservation here.
|Registration: ||Early Bird Price|
(No later than March 1, 2019)
March 1, 2019)
|Full Registration – Includes access to the Wednesday Evening Networking Social aboard the USS Wisconsin, Thursday Evening Exhibit Hall Social, Exhibit Hall, Educational Sessions, breakfast on Thursday and Friday, and lunch on Thursday.|| || |
|$250 ||$300 |
|$350 ||$400 |
|$175 ||$225 |
|Single Day Registration – Includes breakfast and lunch plus refreshments during session breaks || || |
- Thursday or Friday – APWA Member
|$175 ||$200 |
- Thursday or Friday– APWA Non-Member
|$200 ||$225 |
|Evening Receptions Only – Individual pricing shown || || |
- Wednesday Evening Networking Social aboard USS Wisconsin Join us on board the USS Wisconsin from 6pm - 9pm for a social and networking event. This unique opportunity will take place on the fantail of the USS Wisconsin. Picture yourself on the fantail of this historic battleship at our white-themed event (everyone dresses in white clothing), enjoying great food, adult libations, and live music from the Latin Jazz Conspiracy! Two tickets for this event are included with the Exhibitor registration. If additional tickets are needed they may be purchased separately. You won't want to miss this opportunity to network with conference attendees and colleagues.
|$75 ||$100 |
- Thursday Exhibitor Reception at The Main Please plan to stay and network with conference attendees and colleagues in the exhibit hall from 5pm-7pm. This is a great opportunity to reach out to your customers and spotlight your products, Full conference attendees are invited to attend.
|$75 ||$100 |
Workshops on Wednesday, May 15th – All workshops are from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at Slover Library, 235 E. Plume St., 6th Floor. Space is limited to the first 20 registrants. Includes boxed lunch.
- NIST Workshop/Resilience Workshop Maureen Roskoski from National Institute of Standards and Technology will explore a practical and flexible approach to help all communities improve resilience from disasters. More details.
- Stormwater Management Facilities Inspections Best Practices Kyle Logue, City of Norfolk
- APWA Accreditation Self-Assessment Workshop Tracy Quintana, APWA Accreditation Manager will lead this workshop that discusses the benefits of Self Assessment:
- Improve effectiveness
- Promote staff and community pride
- Clarify budget needs
- Identify operation and management needs
- Enhance professional image
- Promote team work and staff development
- Encourage interdepartmental coordination
- Identify duplication and wasted effort
- Promote public awareness
- Improve communication
- Prepare for agency accreditation
|Additional Conference Activities for Wednesday, May 15th|
- Golf Tournament Swinging at Sewell's as part of APWA WRX 2019. Everyone's favorite conference activity returns- golf! This course is located on the largest naval installation on the planet- Norfolk Naval Station. Includes golf, a cart and a catered lunch. Prizes and giveaways to be had! Feel free to register as individual players or as a team.
- Date: Wednesday May 15, 2019; Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm; Questions: David Pfiffer at David.email@example.com
- Bike Tour Explore Norfolk's premier waterfront and Elizabeth River Trail, waterside attractions, historic neighborhoods and Norfolk's on-road and trail style bike facilities on Pace bike shares bikes. Gather outside the Hilton Norfolk Main at the corner of Granby Street for this 6-mile tour. Open to the first 25 registered. Prepaid registration is $10 and Pace Bike Share Bikes run $2/hour with the downloaded PACE app on your phone. You'll feel well acquainted with the layout of our city, experience everything that Norfolk has to offer, and be able to blend in with local users of recently launched bike share system. Casual attire is encouraged on this easy paced ride throughout the downtown and waterfront area to Smartmouth Brewery for an end of ride celebration.
- Date: Wednesday May 15, 2019; Time: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm; Questions: Paul Filion at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sea Wall & Pump Station Walking Tour Downtown Norfolk is protected by a 1,225-linear foot floodwall, with five gates and a stormwater pump station. Constructed in 1971 by the USACE, this system protects the major investments of commercial real estate. Norfolk Public Works operates and maintains this vital infrastructure. Please join us on a tour of the pump station and floodwall system and watch operators demonstrate closure of the floodwall gates and discuss maintenance of the system.
- Date: Wednesday May 15, 2019; Time: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm; Questions: Scott Smith at email@example.com
- ROADEO Come spend the day with the best equipment operators on the East Coast, as they compete for the title “The Best of The Best Equipment Operator”. The Equipment “Roadeo” will be held May 15,2019 at Harbor Park along the Elizabeth River. Check-in is from 7:00 - 8:30 am and the event will start at 9:00am. Representatives from Public Works Departments across the Mid-Atlantic states will compete on the snow plow, backhoe, front-end loader, automated refuse truck, knuckle boom, street sweeper, and line truck. Spend the day cheering on your favorite competitor, check out new equipment on display and participate in “Touch-a-Truck.” Spectator lunches can be purchased on site. Interested in being a part of Team Public Works? Bring your resume and take advantage of our onsite job fair. There is plenty of parking for those that drive and there is a light rail stop at Harbor Park for those commuting from the conference hotel
- Date: Wednesday May 15, 2019; Time: 9:00am; Location Harbor Park
- “Brew Night” Please join us for this year’s exhibitor reception in the well-appointed Main Ballroom and Foyer of our conference hotel, The Main. Come be a local for a night with our Norfolk Brew Night themed event that will include several local craft beer options, as well as, wine for those who prefer something less sudsy! Representatives for each of our local sipping options will be on hand to answer questions and provide background of their operations. No matter your preference, this event promises to be an evening of delightful drinks, heavy hors d’oeuvres, and great conversation!
- Date: Thursday May 16, 2019; Time: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm; Location: Exhibit Reception Hall at Hilton Norfolk The Main; Questions: Kyle Logue at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-518-2447
Considering an APWA Membership? Non-Member Registrants who are not previous members of APWA may be eligible to receive a 1-year’s membership with their paid full registration.
In order to complete your registration, you will have to log in to an APWA account. If you’ve never logged onto APWA.net then you can create a FREE Account
If you are unable to remember your username, please contact APWA Membership Services at 800-848-APWA (2792)
If you believe you are a member of APWA, and are unable to access a member record, please contact APWA Membership Services at: 800.848.APWA (2792)